Civil Justice Day - 25 October
The 25th October of each year is observed by all member states of the European Union as the "Civil Justice Day".
On the occasion of the Civil Justice Day, The Supreme Court of Cyprus, in cooperation with the Cyprus Bar Association, organizes an event which will take place on 25 October 2007 at 4.30pm at "Poulias Building" which is part of the Supreme Court complex. (View location)
The program of the event is the following:
- Address by Mr. Chr. Artemides, President of the Supreme Court.
- Presentation of the proposed Civil Procedure Rules by the Commitee of Judges which undertook the task of drafting them. Supreme Court Judge Mr. M. Photiou will comment on the proposed rules.
- Presentation of the website of the Supreme Court of Cyprus by Supreme Court Judge Mr. A. Kramvis.
- Introduction by Mr. Achilleas Emilianides, advocate, of a book co--authored by himself, Mr. Elias Stephanou, counsel of the Republic and Mr. Simos Angelides, advocate, which will be published in the near future, on the topic of civic rights and responsibilities.
- Address by Mr. Theodoros Ioannides, President of the Cyprus Bar Association.
A reception will follow